If we take your case, we will commit to you all of our energy, experience and resources. We will fight for you. Your problem will become ours until we have resolved it so completely that not a trace is left. We will be honest with you – sometimes brutally honest. We will tell you when we believe you are right, and we will tell you when we believe you are wrong. We can give you the best possible representation, but only if you follow these rules. If you choose not to follow these rules, you are giving us permission to withdraw from your case.
Cases are processed slowly through the court system. Typically, there are a number of pretrials that take place prior to the resolution of a case. We do not have the final say as to when the court schedules dates in your case. The unfortunate reality is that your case may place your life on hold for quite some time. It is important that you understand this – both for your own peace of mind and to understand that we are also at the mercy of the court system.
- Communication is key. If you can no longer make a scheduled appointment, you must let us know as soon as possible and reschedule your appointment. You must also respond to our messages as soon as you can. It is of the utmost importance that we maintain communication.
- We are here to answer any and all questions that you may have. If you do not understand something, such as your fee letter, let us know. Do not move forward with retaining us, retaining an expert or making any other decisions in your case if you have unvoiced concerns.
- However, if we are unable to answer your first call, do not continue to make back-to-back calls. If we do not answer, it is because we are busy and unable to. Please leave a detailed message or send us an email, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
- We cannot track and store text messages in your file. As such, do not send any substantive information via text message. All substantive information should be sent to us via email.
- Keep in mind that your case is not our only case. Every case is important to us and receives the same amount of attention and care; however, cases are staggered. In other words, we must handle the cases that are most urgent or have upcoming deadlines first. No case is ever ignored or disregarded – there is simply an order to when and how we must handle each case.
- Schedules are flexible and subject to change due to a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, a sudden emergency that has arisen in another case. Do not be surprised if an appointment must be moved on our end.
1. Tell Us The Truth
It is easy to tell us only good things. You need to tell us the worst things people could say about you. Unfortunately, some people believe that if they can convince their lawyers, they will convince the world. If you lie to us, shade the truth in any way or withhold anything, you are committing suicide.
2. You Need To Trust Us
The law and courts operate with a logic of their own. You cannot rely on the integrity of the system or upon the abstract concept of justice. Fairness must be wrenched from an insensitive bureaucracy. Much of what we do will be either incomprehensible or invisible to you. We have learned how to defend our clients through decades of experience. Everything we do, we do to defend you.
3. Ask Questions
If you ever feel that you are in the dark, contact us. Keep asking until you are satisfied that you understand what is happening to you. We will provide you with copies of any motions filed or letters written on your behalf.
4. There Are No Guarantees About Results
We cannot foresee the future or control it. It is our job to give you the best possible chance to prevail.
5. You Will Be Involved In The Preparation Of Your Case
The ultimate decisions are yours. However, if you insist on a course of action about which we disagree, if you persist in misrepresenting the facts or if you proceed behind our backs, we may be forced to withdraw as your attorneys. You have paid us to be your lawyers. Let us do our job.
6. Our Flat Fees Are The Result Of A Bargain Made Between Us
Our primary fees and our investigative fees are set. That means you are paying us a specific amount to complete a service. If your case is dismissed after one phone call or if our work lasts three years, we have agreed on the fee. It remains the same. You have come to us to solve a problem. We will do everything we can to accomplish that. It is in your interest to have the problem solved sooner rather than later. On the other hand, we will complete the work upon which we agree – no matter how long it takes.
We are expensive – more expensive than most. Some clients look for the cheapest lawyer they can find. It is your decision, your money and your life. We have earned our reputation. We will earn our fee.
Contact us if you have a problem. If we are unable to assist you, at the very least, we can put you in touch with an attorney who is qualified and who you can trust.